Welcome to the Remote Learning Resource Page!
Technical Support For Families
Technical Support for Families
If you have issues with technology to support learning at home, even after visiting our support pages (such as Getting Started with Your iPad, Remote Learning Portal, Getting Started with Google Classroom, Getting Started with Teams) please fill out the Technical Support for Families form. The form uses Google Translate in the top right corner.
- You can use the form to let us know what issues you are having with NYCDOE iPads or other devices including:
- Status or delivery of iPad request
- Reporting a lost or stolen device
- Support for sign in and use of iPad or other DOE devices
- Help with applications (including Google Classroom)
If the form doesn’t offer the answers you need, you will be asked to give your contact information and we will get in touch with you and try to solve your problem. Staff can fill this form out on behalf of parents.
Soporte técnico para familias
Si tiene problemas continuos con la tecnología para apoyar el aprendizaje en el hogar, incluso después de visitar nuestras páginas de soporte (como Comenzar con su iPad , Portal de aprendizaje remoto , Comenzar con Google Classroom , Comenzar con los equipos ), complete el Soporte técnico para Se forman familias. El formulario usa Google Translate en la esquina superior derecha.
Puede usar el formulario para informarnos qué problemas tiene con los iPads de NYCDOE u otros dispositivos, incluidos:
- Estado o entrega de solicitud de iPad
- Informar sobre un dispositivo perdido o robado
- Soporte para iniciar sesión y usar iPad u otros dispositivos DOE
- Ayuda con aplicaciones (incluido Google Classroom)
Si el formulario no ofrece las respuestas que necesita, se le pedirá que proporcione su información de contacto y nos pondremos en contacto con usted e intentaremos resolver su problema. El personal puede completar este formulario en nombre de los padres.
Google Classroom Tutorial Videos in Multiple Languages
NYS TESOL has created Google Classroom Student tutorial videos in the following languages:
Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Urdu.
The videos can be accessed here:
Google Classroom Walkthrough
If you need help finding your way around Google Classroom please see the attached document
Remote Learning Set Up
Grades Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade are using Google Classrooms. Each day your child must log into their account that their teacher created and complete all assignments and homework.
Examplars Math: Getting Started
Updated information on Covid-19 from the DOE
Please click this link for the most updated letters from the DOE. All letters are translated into many different languages.
Free or Low Cost Internet
For Internet resources, visit:
Here are NYC resources for various free wifi options throughout the City, along with the CV19 specific offers being extended by the carriers to families.
- Library/Alliance Wifi:https://www.nycgo.com/plan-your-trip/basic-information/internet-access-in-nyc/
- LinkNYC Wifi:https://www.nycgo.com/articles/wifi-in-nyc
- Carrier Wifi:https://www1.nyc.gov/site/mopd/resources/list-of-providers-offering-free-wifi.page
Altice (aka Optimum) offers a plan beginning $14.99/month plan called Altice Advantage
- Eligible for or participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP); or a New York City resident and attends a New York City public school; or eligible for or receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and 65 years of age or older; or a veteran and receive state or federal public assistance.
Charter (aka Spectrum) offers a plan beginning at $14.99/month called Spectrum Internet Assist
- One or more members of your household must be a recipient of one of the following assistance programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of the NSLP
- Supplemental Security Income (for applicants age 65+ only)
Verizon offers the Lifeline program, its Fios broadband internet service beginning at $19.99 per month for 200 Mpbs, plus taxes and equipment charges. This offer includes a year of free Disney+ and no router or rental fees for two months.
- Here Are The Ways You Can Qualify For Lifeline:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Programs (and live on federally-recognized Tribal lands)