In Need of Technology for Remote Learning?
If you need to request an iPad please fill out the form.
If you have ongoing issues with technology to support learning at home, even after visiting our support pages (such as Getting Started with Your iPad, Remote Learning Portal, Getting Started with Google Classroom, Getting Started with Teams) please fill out the Technical Support for Families form. The form uses Google Translate in the top right corner.
You can use the form to let us know what issues you are having with NYCDOE iPads or other devices including:
If the form doesn’t offer the answers you need, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will get in touch with you and try to solve your problem.Staff can fill this form out on behalf of parents.
Si tiene problemas continuos con la tecnología para apoyar el aprendizaje en el hogar, incluso después de visitar nuestras páginas de soporte (como Comenzar con su iPad , Portal de aprendizaje remoto , Comenzar con Google Classroom , Comenzar con los equipos ), complete el Soporte técnico para Se forman familias. El formulario usa Google Translate en la esquina superior derecha.
Puede usar el formulario para informarnos qué problemas tiene con los iPads de NYCDOE u otros dispositivos, incluidos:
Si el formulario no ofrece las respuestas que necesita, se le pedirá que proporcione su información de contacto y nos pondremos en contacto con usted e intentaremos resolver su problema. El personal puede completar este formulario en nombre de los padres.
NYS TESOL has created Google Classroom Student tutorial videos in the following languages:
Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Urdu.
The videos can be accessed here:
If you need help finding your way around Google Classroom please see the attached document
Grades Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade are using Google Classrooms. Each day your child must log into their account that their teacher created and complete all assignments and homework.
Please see below, options that may be available to you.
· AlticeUSA is providing free internet service for all students for 60 days. Please call 866-200-9522 to enroll.
· Comcast - Comcast is offering an internet essentials package for free. To sign up for a free internet essentials package for 60 days, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
· Spectrum - Beginning March 16, Spectrum is offering free internet for 60 days to households with K-12 or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum subscription. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.
· Charter - Charter is offering free internet for 2 months. 1 (877) 906-9121
· AT&T - AT&T COVID-19 response. AT&T will offer open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families.
· Sprint - Sprint is following the FCC agreement, providing unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
· T-Mobile - T-Mobile is following the FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
*Please note there is no affiliation or legal responsibility between the Dept of Education and these companies. Any concerns, please contact the company directly
Please click this link for the most updated letters from the DOE. All letters are translated into many different languages.