Welcome To The Community Resource Page (here you can find help for a variety of topics)

  Decoration Photo  

Important information

Face-to-Face Letters and Guidance for Sharing Records with Families 

During this time, when schools are not physically in session, the Human Resources Administration (HRA) will no longer require or ask for “face-to-face” letters as evidence of family composition letters from families who are applying for Cash Assistance (CA) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). 

Covid-19 Resources:

For students and adults: www.Hitesite.org  - The Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE) is an online directory offering information on social services available in and around NYC


Resources for students: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/index.shtml - National Alliance on Mental Illness


https://grievingstudents.org  - Coalition to Support Grieving Students


For adults: As we shared earlier from the presentation, please NYC Well for 24/7 counseling support in multiple languages 

 https://nycwell.cityofnewyork.us/en/ - HeadSpace meditation app- free for NY’s



For ages 3-5, Sesame Street has COVID-19 resources at https://www.sesamestreet.org/caring  


For ages 5 and above, Harvard Medical School has good guidance. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-to-talk-to-children-about-the-coronavirus-2020030719111


Free Meals at 400 Meal Hubs - https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals  


Food Bank for NYC Food Pantries - https://www.foodbanknyc.org/get-help/  

A Map of Food Pantries Across NYC: https://www.foodbanknyc.org/get-help/  

Free Food Delivery for NYC Individuals Who Are Homebound: https://cv19engagementportal.cityofnewyork.us/#/display/5e7555117ad6750216160409   

City Meals on Wheels: If you are 60 years of age or older, unable to prepare meals, and live at home, visit: https://www.citymeals.org/get-meals  

SNAP Benefits: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hra/downloads/pdf/misc/ACCESS-HRA-

Mental Health & Parent Support

Mental Health & Parent Support 
Chinese American Sunshine House: Remote Parent Support Groups (starting this Wednesday, 3-4pm) and Online Mental Health Workshops (Fridays, 3-3:45pm) -- also attached
Brooklyn Chinese American Association Online Learning Resource List (in multiple languages):  https://www.bca.net/COVID-19.html

Advocates for Children of New York Education Helpline (for parent/student support or legal assistance): Monday through Thursday, 10 am - 4 pm, (866) 427-6033 (toll-free, multiple languages including Mandarin/Cantonese, Urdu/Hindi, Tajik, Spanish, etc)
Sanctuary For Families, (212) 349-6009, ext. 221: free individual and group therapy, legal assistance and health insurance enrollment (all regardless of citizenship status)-- Urdu, Chinese, Spanish, French
Apex for Youth: Talking to Young People about Confronting Asian-American Racism during Covid (attached) 

Do You Need Affordable Housing? Take A Look Here

Emotional Support Line

OMH Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314 *
The Emotional Support Line provides free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling.  

Tips for Mental Wellness (Español | বাংলা | 中文 | Р УС С К И Й | Kreyòl Ayisyen | 한국어를)
How to cope with COVID related stress and anxiety

Mental Health Resources During an Emergency
People often experience anxiety, fear, and helplessness during an emergency. Know the signs and get help.

Resources For Immigrant New Yorkers


If you have questions please call 311 or call the Mayor Office of Immigrant Affairs directly (212) 788-7654


Or visit this website




Trouble coping? Don’t struggle alone. We’re here to listen and help with problems like stress, depression, anxiety or drug and alcohol misuse. For you or someone you care about.

At any hour of any day, in almost any language, from phone, tablet or computer, NYC Well is your connection to get the help you need. We can provide:

  • Suicide prevention and crisis counseling
  • Peer support and short-term counseling via telephone, text and web
  • Assistance scheduling appointments or accessing other mental health services
  • Follow-up to check that you have connected to care and it is working for you

Call NYC Well Today

English: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355), Press 2
Call 711 (Relay Service for Deaf/Hard of Hearing)

Español: 1-888-692-9355, Press 3

中文: 1-888-692-9355, Press 4

Interpreters are available for 200+ languages. Stay on the line, and you will be connected with a counselor who can connect you to translator services.

NYC Well Counselors are trained to accept calls from deaf and hard of hearing individuals using video relay services.


Call NYC Well Today

English: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355), Press 2
Call 711 (Relay Service for Deaf/Hard of Hearing)

Español: 1-888-692-9355, Press 3

中文: 1-888-692-9355, Press 4


Interpreters are available for 200+ languages. Stay on the line, and you will be connected with a counselor who can connect you to translator services.

NYC Well Counselors are trained to accept calls from deaf and hard of hearing individuals using video relay services.

Visit the website! NYC WELL (click the link)

Are You A Grandparent Raising Grandchildren? Find Help And Information here!

An estimated 100,000 older New Yorkers are grandparent caregivers, having stepped in to raise their grandchildren or other young relatives in the absence of the children’s birth parents. If you’re one of these grandparent caregivers, the Department for the Aging’s Grandparent Resource Center (GRC) can help you with information, peer counseling, referral to community services and support groups specifically for seniors in your situation. The Center also offers empowerment training to enable you to better cope with the myriad challenges you face.


Stay Safe, Keep Up To Date With All Of The Recalls!

To provide better service in alerting the American people to unsafe, hazardous or defective products, six federal agencies with vastly different jurisdictions have joined together to create www.recalls.gov -- a "one stop shop" for U.S. Government recalls.

Food Help

 Food stamps, re-certify 

Do you need a bit more? Please check out these resources!

My benefits (click the link).


This website is a pre-screening tool which provides a quick and easy way for people who live in New York State to find out if they might be able to receive:  

Help with buying food  

Temporary Assistance (TA)  

Special tax credits  

Home Energy Assistance  

Various Health Insurance programs for individuals, families and children

WIC - Women, Infants and Children  

HIV Uninsured Care Program  

A wide variety of services for older New Yorkers, including:

  • Health insurance information, counseling and assistance (HIICAP)
  • NY Connects-Information on long term care services and supports and assistance in linking to these services
  • Legal assistance
  • Nutritional services
  • Help with the purchase of prescription drugs

Apply for H.E.A.P : Home Energy Assistance Program

Need help paying your energy bill? Low-income New Yorkers can apply for heating and cooling assistance under the Home Energy Assistance Program, or HEAP.

What is HEAP?

The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps low-income people pay the cost of heating their homes.

How does it work?

If you are eligible, you may receive one regular HEAP benefit per season and could also be eligible for an emergency HEAP benefit if you are in impending danger of running out of fuel or having your utility service shut off.

How can I apply?

Online: myBenefits.ny.gov 
When the HEAP season is open you may apply online if your household resides outside of New York City. This application is for a Regular HEAP benefit only.

In person:
When the HEAP season is open you may apply in person:

  • Outside of New York City at your HEAP Local District Contact, or
  • New York City residents at your HEAP office.

In writing:
When the HEAP season is open, print and mail the completed HEAP application:

  • Outside of New York City mail it to your HEAP Local District Contact, or
  • New York City residents can mail it to: HRA/HEAP, PO Box 1401, Church Street Station, New York, NY 10008


  • Remember to sign your name on page 5 of the HEAP application.
  • If you qualify for HEAP you will be notified no later than 30 business days from the date the local district received your HEAP application.

Are HEAP benefits available year-round?

No, the application period normally begins in early to mid-November and continues into the winter, until funding for the program runs out.

Does it matter what my home’s heating source is? 

HEAP may be able to help you if you heat your home with:

  • Electricity
  • Natural Gas
  • Oil
  • Coal
  • Propane
  • Wood/Wood Pellets
  • Kerosene
  • Corn

Cooling Assistance With Heap: Did You Know You Could Be Eligible For A Free Air Conditioner?

Cooling Assistance

You can apply for cooling assistance to buy and install an air condition or a fan for your home. Your household is allowed one or the other, and the price cannot be more than $800 with installation. Like HEAP funding, cooling assistance funds are limited and are distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.

You must be a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien with a documented medical condition that is aggravated by heat. You must also meet certain income guidelines. Review additional requirements to determine if you’re eligible to apply. 

You cannot apply online. To apply contact your HEAP Local District Contact.

Our Local Heap Office is located at:

2857-2865 West 8th Street, 1st Fl., Brooklyn, NY 11224
Tel: 718-722-8013 | Fax: 917-639-1108
Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm



Looking for the ACCESS HRA mobile app?  You can access it from this page on your mobile phone or tablet. It's free on iOS or Android devices:

To download the app:

  1. Go to the App Store or Google Play
  2. Search for “ACCESS HRA”
  3. Click on GET or INSTALL

With ACCESS HRA you can view:

  • Case(s) status
  • EBT balance
  • Recent payments
  • Upcoming appointments
  • Documents on file

As well as upload requested documents.



Test The Water In Your Home, Stay Safe With This Free Water Testing Kit For Lead

Through 311

You can request a free kit through the Free Residential Lead Testing Program to test your drinking water for high levels of lead. Lead usually enters drinking water when plumbing that contains lead corrodes. Lead does not have any color or smell. You can file a water complaint if your drinking water is not clear (has color) or has an odor or smell.

The Department of Environmental Protection will test your drinking water sample only for lead and nothing else. This kit is for use in private residences only. It cannot be used to meet the lead testing requirements of day care centers or other businesses.

You can order only one kit at a time. If you are a landlord who wants to order more than one kit for your building, you must make a separate request for each apartment.

Get Your FREE Lead Test Kit For Your Home HERE

Facts About Lead: Vital Information!

Lead Poisoning Prevention

Lead is a poisonous metal. The most common cause of lead poisoning in children is dust from peeling paint. Lead also can be found in some products imported from other countries, such as foods and spices, medicines, clay pots and dishes, cosmetics, and painted toys. Some jobs and hobbies can expose adults and their families to lead.

Lead poisoning has serious effects on health, learning, and behavior. Young children are especially vulnerable to the effects of lead. A blood test is the only way to know for sure if you or your child has been exposed to lead.

In New York City, building owners are required to safely fix peeling paint in the homes of young children. If your building owner does not fix the peeling paint in your apartment, you can call 311 to file a Lead Paint Complaint.

Lead Topics (Click Link)

 Lead Fact Sheet (Click Here)     Lead In Imported Products Fact Sheet (Click Here)      Lead Toy Safety Fact Sheet (Click Here)

Food Bank

Looking for food assistance programs?

Locate food pantries, soup kitchens and senior centers throughout New York City.

To find other types of programs in our  network — including after-school and summer programs, low-income daycare centers, Open Market Back Pack Programs for children, shelters, rehab centers and youth programs — contact Food Bank at (212) 566-7855.

Food Bank Locator (click here)

Employment Support

Bottomless Closet (Click Link)
Bottomless Closet is a nonprofit organization that promotes self-sufficiency by providing interview skills, business clothing and ongoing career development and support programs to disadvantaged New York City women.

Career Gear (Click Link)
Career Gear is a nonprofit organization that fills the gap between job-training programs and employment by providing men with the interview clothing, motivation and follow-up support that helps them get jobs and keep jobs.

Kingsborough Community College (Click Link)
Kings borough Community College provides food service operations, hospitality operations and management training that emphasizes hands-on skills and industry certification. With the assistance of an employment specialist, participants will enter employment in the food service or hospitality field upon successful completion of training. If you are between 18 and 24 years old, have a high school diploma or GED and are not currently employed or enrolled in school, you may apply. To schedule an appointment to find out if you qualify, call 718.368.5568 or email project.welcome@kingsborough.edu.

NYCETC Training Program Database (Click Link)
Use the New York City Employment & Training Coalition's (NYCETC) Training Program Database to find employment, training and education programs. The database allows you to specify the skill set you are looking for and provides links to events and organizations pertaining to workforce development.

Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE)

The Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE, also known as the NYC Rent Freeze Program) freezes the rent for head-of-household seniors 62 and older who live in rent-regulated apartments. In order to satisfy the income eligibility requirement, the senior's household income must be $50,000 or less.

Landlords are given a property tax abatement credit applied to their property tax bill in the same amount as the increase that the tenant is exempted from paying.

You can get more information about SCRIE, including:

  • Eligibility for SCRIE if you are a senior residing in a rent stabilized building
  • Eligibility for SCRIE if you are a senior residing in a Mitchell-Lama or any other (non-rent stabilized) government-regulated development
  • How to apply
  • Status of an application
  • How to renew SCRIE benefits
  • How to transfer from SCRIE to DRIE (Disability Rent Increase Exemption)
  • How to make an appeal if you believe you were wrongly denied SCRIE benefits
  • How to fill out a Portability Form if you are a SCRIE recipient and you are moving to a different rent-regulated apartment
  • How to report that the building is under new ownership or management, if you are the landlord
  • How to report that a SCRIE tenant has moved or died
  • How to correct or update information on your SCRIE record
  • How to request an adjustment of legal rent based on the Casado v. Markus court action
  • Contact information for the SCRIE Ombudsperson, who can help resolve issues with your application or benefits

Senior Centers that provide case assistance can also help with starting the application process.

If you recently submitted an application, it may take up to 4 weeks from the mailing date for the application to be processed and for the status to be available.

Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (Click the Link)

Download the Notify NYC App!!

 Notify NYC @NotifyNYC

Get the notify NYc app, free for apple and android devices. Download now. 

Notify NYC is New York City’s official source for information about emergency events and important City services. The program operates out of New York City Emergency Management’s Watch Command Unit, where a team of dedicated professionals monitors emergency activity in New York City and the surrounding metropolitan area 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Notify NYC is making it easier than ever to be informed about emergencies with the new Notify NYC app. You can get information about emergency events and important City services, based on your location. Download the free app for your Apple or Android device.

Notifications are also available via phone, email, SMS, fax, BlackBerry PIN, Instant Messenger, and Twitter. Messages are also available in multiple languages, audio format, and American Sign Language (ASL) video format.

You can also receive notifications by signing up online at NYC.gov/notifynyc, calling 311 (212-639-9675 or TTY: 212-504-4115) or by following @NotifyNYC